When the logo designers have to create logos for their clients, they may prefer to use strong and bold colors in design for emphasizing a point or softer colors which could give a soothing effect to the eyes of the customers when they see the logo. Further, there are some companies that want to be bolder in marketing strategies and want to have bold logo design fonts. This creates a more positive effect on the customers. This article discusses about different tastes of different companies in designing their logos.
- Zopa – The website has used gray color schemes having bright color splashes. This has proven to be a perfect scheme for its logo. The font type used is Frankfurter medium.
- Newsgator – It has used multi-colored fonts in its logo, and this has also been successful. When the text in a logo is paired with two or more playful colors, it attracts the attention of the viewers. Newsgator has used font style ITC Bauhaus.
- Shutterfly – The logo of Shutterfly is designed using font type Frutiger, and it is simple, playful and refined. Such logo designs depict that life is very fast and need not be taken very seriously. They use bright colors consistently, and this enhances the overall design of the logo.
- Shoutwire – Some designers advise not to use excessive capitalization in the logos. However, shoutwire has used capitalized fonts in its logo design, which has proven to be successful. It has used a simple font type Agency Bold.
- Vimeo – It is a leading brand which has used all small letters in bold and italic font (Font type – Black Rose). This resembles handwriting & this style can match all types of interfaces.
- Facebook – Looking at the logo of facebook, one will come to know that even simple logo design fonts can also lead the companies to success. The logo of the facebook has used font type Klavika, and contains straight-sided and elegant characters on a dark-blue background.
- Twitter – Just like facebook, the logo of the twitter is also simple. The font type used is Pico Alphabet. The logo contains light-blue characters having rounded corners.
- Digg – The logo of digg has no rounded corners; everything is diagonal and sharp giving a perfect feeling of original logo. Font type used is Pico Y.
The designer must avoid symbol-based font styles in logo designs, because they are not readable at all. These fonts include Wingdings, Marlett and Webdings etc. Use logo creating software for getting some logo samples.